Baliem Valley Challenging
8 Days 7 Nights Trip.
Day 1 - Jayapura - Wamena
Arrival at Sentani airport of Jayapura, met by our guide then assist for connecting flight to Wamena, arrival of Wamena transfer to Baliem Pilamo htl for overnight stay (rest of the day will be free), Note: if you arrival at afternoon will be overnight at Jayapura and next day fly to Wamena.
Day 2 - Wamena - Kurima - Kilise
After breakfast, get car and drive an hour to Kurima of Baliem George part where you starting point of the trekking with Papua Adventure’s team (your guide, cook and local porters). Trek will be 3-4 hours to Kilise village with passing some Dani sweet potatoes gardens. Afternoon explore village and surrounding. Dinner and overnight stay at local guest house of Kilise. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - Kilise - Ibiroma - Syokosimo
After breakfast, you proceed to descend the steep hill down to traditional hanging bridge across Baliem river. Today’s walk is a little harder with narrow and slippery paths. But you may also enjoying the nature’s beauty by stopping in the small waterfall to get refreshing while the cook serving lunch. After this part, the path gets smaller and tricky until you find another river with no bridge to cross. Trek about 4-5 hours to Syokosimo village. (B,L,D)
Day 4 - Syokosimo - Hitugi/Sepsep
The trekking today is the shortest one. After breakfast you are proceed to continue the trek up to a village called Hitugi. Climbing up the hill all the way to the village is something different, but the scenery is incredibly beautiful combined with small villages and local people working in the field. You arrive to the village by noon where the cook is ready to serve lunch. Dinner and overnight stay at Hitugi/Sepsep village. (B,L,D)
Day 5 - Hitugi - Seima - Sogokmo - Wamena
After breakfast, leaving Hitugi back to Sogokmo. The walk today is the longest one, but the terrain is not very difficult as trails wider and the panorama is so evicting. Lunch served by Papua Adventure’s cook. Passing Seima village before ending up in Sogokmo where the car ready to take you back to Wamena. Lunch served en route. Dinner and overnight at hotel. (B,L)
Day 6 - Wamena - Jiwika Village in the North of Baliem Valley
Today we visit Dani tribes who live in the north. Here you may see the 250 years old and enjoy the Dani traditional dance, it does take a few hours. During the ceremony you can see how the Dani people cook their own food with traditional way. Afternoon see another villages and visit Jibama local market. Overnight at Rannu Jaya Hotel or Baliem Pilamo Hotel. (B)
Day 7 - Wamena - Jayapura
After breakfast, transfer to airport for your flight back to Jayapura. On arrival, you may have sightseeing tour including Mac Arthur 2nd World War monument, Sentani villages. Lunch serve at lake side restaurant. After lunch, see the Anthropology museum, Hamadi market & Jayapura town. Afternoon back to hotel for overnight and dinner. (B)
Day 8 - Jayapura - Departure
Breakfast at hotel and proceed to airport for Depart to the next destination. End of services.(B)
- All land transportation including Airport transfers in JAYAPURA, and WAMENA.
- Accommodations as per above hotel.
- English Speaking Guide.
- Meals as per specific at itinerary (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner).
- Local Porters & cook during trekking (villagers), Traveling permit arrangement , Donations/entrance fee.
- Traditional Performances of Dani ceremonies mentioned on above program.
- Meals (Lunch / Dinner) as not mention on the program.
- Fee for taking pictures with local people at Baliem Valley except during Pig feast.
- Any Domestic Flights, Travel Insurance, Airport taxes and extra baggage charges.
- Internal airfare Jayapura – Wamena - Jayapura (round trip).
- Personal Expenses such as phone calls, laundry, beverages etc.
- All expenses incurred due to the flight cancellations or due other causes beyond our control.