Baliem Valley Moderate
8 Days 7 Nights Trip.
Day 1 - Jayapura - Wamena
Arrival at Sentani airport of Jayapura, met by our guide then assist for connecting flight to Wamena, Arrival of Wamena short transfer to Baliem Pilamo hotel for check in and take a rest. Note: If arrival in afternoon no more flight to Wamena, you will overnight at Ratna Hotel-Sentani (near airport) and next day fly to Wamena.
Day 2 - Wamena - Kurima - Kilise/Ibiroma
After breakfast, drive an hour drive to Kurima, the starting point of the trekking with your guide, cook and local porters. Trek will be 4 hours thru Kurima District and passing some Dani sweet potatoes gardens. Afternoon arrived at village of Ibiroma and you may walk around with exotic Baliem Goerge, while your cook preparation for dinner. Overnight stay at local guest house of Ibiroma village. (B,L,D)
Day 3 - Kilise/Ibiroma - Wamarek
After take a breakfast, continue our trek with all of our team to Wamarek village via some Dani traditional houses with it is spectacular view and the highest points of our trek (1.800 m) above sea level. Today our trek is 4hours. Lunch will be serves at side of Tangma river and you can soak your aching bones in the river. Dinner served by Papua Adventure’s cook. Overnight stay at Dani local tradition house.(B,L,D)
Day 4 - Wamarek - Wesagalep
Today continue trekking altogether about 5-6 hours passing through suspension bridge then high-up to reach waterfall area where your cook and porters prepare simple lunch. After lunch continue trekking up to reach Wesagalep village for your overnight stay at School. (B,L,D)
Day 5 - Wesagalep - Wuserem
\Trekking up-and down through out the trail to the way experienced with daily activity by the local tribe passing rain forest with it is moss and way down to river where you have lunch provided. Your trekking today will take about 5 hours to get Wuserem village for your night stay at local church or school.(B,L,D)
Day 6 - Wuserem - Seima - Sogokmo - Wamena
After breakfast, continue the last trek back to Sogokmo with crossing traditional hanging bridge over Baliem River. Lunch will serve in Seima village. After lunch continue to Sogokmo where the car will take you back to “civilization” of Wamena. Dinner and overnight at hotel of Wamena. (Walk approx. 5 hours) (B,L)
Day 7 - Wamena - Jayapura
Morning transfer to airport for your flight back to Jayapura. Arrival at airport of Jayapura You may have sightseeing tour to visit Mac Arthur 2nd World War monument, Sentani lake side and villages. Then see the Anthropology museum, Hamadi market & Jayapura city. Overnight at your hotel choice. (B)
Day 8 - Jayapura - Departure
Breakfast at hotel and proceed to airport for Depart to the next destination. End of services. (B)
- All land transportation including Airport transfers in JAYAPURA, and WAMENA.
- Accommodations as per above hotel or similar.
- English Speaking Guide.
- Meals as per specific at itinerary (B: Breakfast, L: Lunch, D: Dinner) as per program.
- Local Porters & person cook during trekking (villagers).
- Traveling permit arrangement.
- Donations/entrance fee.
- All activities mentioned on the above program.
- No meals not mention on the program (L/D).
- Fee for taking pictures with local people at Baliem Valley.
- Any Domestic Flights, Travel Insurance, Airport taxes and extra baggage charges.
- internal airfare Jayapura-Wamena-Jayapura (round trip).
- Personal Expenses such as phone calls, laundry, beverages/drinks.
- All expenses incurred due to the flight cancellations or due other causes beyond our control.